Beauty By Alura
Covid 19 Policy & Treatments Currently Available.
Beauty treatments are not an essential service, they are a luxury we allow ourselves to receive and I have taken this into account when producing this policy which includes a lot of essential adjustments from my insurance company and also recommendations from the government and the British Beauty Council as well as some of my own personal choices. The government document outlines that when social distancing cannot be met, businesses should consider whether that activity needs to continue; so with this in mind I will be altering and reducing my treatment list until further notice to help reduce the time that I am in your home and lower the risk of transmission.
Things you need to do:
• Before any/every treatment you must fill in a covid-19 consultation form for track and trace or confirm no changes since you last filled one in. This now mandatory by law and if this is not completed by clients there will be no appointment and you may still be charged if adequate notice is not received.
• “Rule of Six” I will now be unable to visit properties when 6 people are already present in the house even if they are in separate rooms. The total number of people in one property at one time must not exceed 6 please bare this in mind.
• We are now encouraged to tell clients the following:- “It is important to use face coverings properly. This means telling clients to: Wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and after removing it. When wearing a face covering, avoid touching their face or face covering. Change their face covering if it becomes damp. Continue to clean their hands regularly.”
• Please provide me a place to wash my hands prior to and after treatments; you will be invited to wash your hands with me.
• If you or anyone within the household has any symptoms or been ill in the last 14 days however mild please reschedule your appointment and let me know as soon as possible. Symptoms include: - high temperature/fever, new continuous cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, headache or loss or change to sense of smell or taste.
• No jewellery or watches on areas that are being treated, please remove this before I arrive. Please also avoid using your mobile phone/devices during treatment too.
• I require a clear clean working area preferably downstairs free from personal belongings. E.g. a clear table/worktop to place a wax pot free from household belongings or personal belongings.
• Good ventilation is required by keeping windows and doors open if possible and if appropriate I can perform some treatments in the garden for those who have asked or requested this as an option.
• Clients must wear a face mask that covers the bridge of the nose to below your chin, to keep costs down and avoid price increases I have a limited supply of masks I can provide but request you use your own where possible. Some treatments such as back massage will not require a mask once you’re on the couch but I will confirm when you book if it is required.
• I will bring towels with me but you are invited to provide your own towels if you wish, any towels I use will of course be thoroughly washed at a high temperature and used on one client only.
• Where treatment is not being performed where possible 2 metre distances must be kept and 1 metre with precautions when this cannot be met.
• Maximum of ONE client in a room at a time, any other household members must leave the room and swap with each other if they are having treatments too. Other people within the household must maintain social distancing with myself and where possible and must not be present in the same room I am providing treatments in. No children present during treatment where possible, they must be in another room or compliant with social distancing measures of 2 metres.
• Bank transfer is the preferred payment method; if you are unable to do online banking I can take cash but please make sure you have the correct money in an envelope.
Things I will be doing
• Treatment time is recommended to be reduced to as short as possible so for now treatment times with you will be limited to 1 hour and no longer, treatments will be altered to fit these limits.
• I will be wearing a visor, mask, gloves and apron. If possible please provide a space within your property or garden where I can leave my shoes on to perform the treatment or please let me know if you need me to wear shoe covers.
• Face to face treatments are considered to be in the “highest risk zone” (defined as the area in front of the face where splashes and droplets from the nose and mouth, that may not be visible, can be present and pose a hazard to the client and myself) as advised by the government these treatments can resume on the 15th August I have personally made some adapts to certain treatments and I have also decided not to offer some treatments on the face area yet. I will be performing treatments from behind or from the side.
• I will be bringing as little equipment as possible into your homes; I will not be bringing the couch in for all treatments and may require you to provide a chair for you to sit on. The reason for this is safety. Because I am mobile I want to make sure all equipment is cleaned and sanitised properly which can be difficult on the road so the less equipment the better.
• The area I have asked for you to provide for my equipment will be wiped down by me before I begin using the area and will be covered by a wipe-able sheet, please do not be offended by this.
• I will be bringing hand wash and sanitizer with me to wash my hands; you will be invited to wash your hands with me before & after treatments.
• All my equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised as always between clients including surfaces of couches and bags or any items I bring into your home.
• Nail files will now be single use (previously they were washed and sanitized) and given to each client to keep for the next appointment please take care of them or additional files will be 50p each.
• I will not be accepting any offer of drinks within your home to help avoid the use of the facilities as much as possible, if I do have to use the facilities I will bring the appropriate cleaning equipment with me to ensure it is safe to use after me.
In summary the covid 19 pandemic is a public health emergency, I am taking every step possible to keep you and myself safe, the guidelines I am following are to maintain social distancing where we can of 2 metres and 1 metre plus if 2 metres is not possible, avoid person to person contact, where distancing cannot be met I have to consider if the work I perform is essential and can I make it safer with PPE, increased hand washing & sanitising, keeping treatment times to a minimum and avoiding face to face contact/treatments.
Produced using the government guidelines (link below) dated 24thSeptember 2020, their document will be updated with relevant changes meaning my measures can and likely will change without notice. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5ef2889986650c12970e9b57/working-safely-during-covid-19-close-contact-services-030720.pdf
All waxing available except nasal.
Lash FX Lash Lift & Tint
Hands & Feet
File and paint of fingers
File and paint of toes.
No shellac nail art available to reduce treatment times.
Shellac removal as usual.
Without massage new price of £15.00
Indian Head Massage
30 or 45 mins back neck and shoulder massage.
30 or 45 mins back neck and shoulder. No facial or massage from above the face i.e. no lying on your back.
No pamper parties or packages at present as I am reducing the amount of time with clients where possible and the number of clients at a venue. No facials (I am not yet comfort
Updated Booking Terms
Holiday Dates For 2020
During these time please email, text or call and I will do my best to get you booked in for my return. If you require appointments before I go, I can get very booked up so please try and be organized as I hate to let people down.
3rd September 2020 returning to work 22nd September 2020